more irish luck

I’m on a roll with St. Patrick’s Day cards.  Who knew that this would be SO much fun?

I found my new favorite thing to use the other night: digital stamps that are already colored and ready to go.  I’m not very good at coloring within the lines – never have been – so this is a wonderful solution for me.

Here is my latest card for the upcoming holiday.

I’m really making good use of the Nestabilities I bought a few weeks ago.  After printing the graphic on matte photo paper, I used one of the rectangles to frame and emboss the edges. Once again, I used my Crop-a-Dile to put eyelets in the left side of the card.  This time I used four eyelets and did a fancy ribbon tie through all of them.  I hand scored the card panels with my Scor Buddy, and used foam squares to lift the double matted graphic off the large green mat and create some depth in my design.  I used Scor-tape (lots of it) to adhere the various layers.

For a change, I did not use any recycled elements in this card. Oh wait – can I count the yellow paint chip that I got for my kitchen and then used for the small mat on this card?

The cardstock is from Wausau (Metallics Cardstock) and DCWV (Shimmer Stack.)  My card base, as usual, is Staples 110lb (white) cardstock.

I’m beginning to use more ribbon in my designs.  How convenient that Micheal’s had a super sale on it this week.

The only thing is….now I want a real shamrock plant of my own.

Posted on March 6, 2011, in Hobbies and other fun stuff, New adventures in creativity, new life for old materials: recycling. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.

  1. This is SO pretty Ann! I would love to know how you make the actual card base itself! *Hugs*

  2. Thanks for asking! The card base is very easy. I cut the letter size sheet of (landscape) card stock at 5 1/2 inches, resulting in a piece that measures 11 inches long by 5 1/2 inches tall. I score the piece with the long edge at the top in the following places: 4 1/2″ 5 1/2 ‘, 6 1/2″. I fold the card at 5 1/2″ and lightly crease the other places (optional). I put a piece of Scor Tape on the inside to hold the left side of the card together. This step is also optional, but it helps to hold the card steady when I use my Crop-a-Dile to punch the card and insert the eyelets.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: